Terms & Conditions
OLD GLORY 2012 CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Acceptance of Official Rules: These are the official rules for the Old Glory 2012 Contest (the "Contest") offered by Dollar Shave Club, Inc. (the "Sponsor"). By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and all decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest, which shall be final and binding on entrants.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and its advertising agencies, and/or promotional partners, and any person involved in the administration of the Contest (collectively Sponsor and these entities will be referred to herein as the "Sponsor Entities") or the immediate family members of, or any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Contest, immediate family members are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
- How to enter: Between 9 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on October 29, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. PT on November 6, 2012 ("Contest Period"), you can enter online by visiting the website at www.OldGlory2012.org ("Contest Website") and voting for one of the 16 former U.S Presidents listed on the Contest Website and providing your name and email address. Limit one (1) entry/vote per person and per email address. Multiple entries submitted by the same person will be disqualified. The time and date of receipt of any entry will be determined solely by the Sponsor's server hosting the Contest Website. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incompletely received, or incomplete, for any reason, will not be eligible and are not the responsibility of the Sponsor Entities. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, registrations, addresses or any other method will void all of that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and any potential winner may be required to provide evidence sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of that email address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address or other contact information.
- Determination of winners: The Contest involves a mock election in which entrants "vote" on one of the 16 former U.S. Presidents listed on the Contest Website. The President that receives the most valid votes during the Contest Period will be declared the winner of the mock election. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, scripted or like entry methods or methods of entry or voting will void all such entries/votes by such methods and persons using any such methods may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Subject to confirmation of their eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each eligible entrant that voted for the winning President during the Contest Period will be declared a winner and entitled to receive the prize described in Section 5 below. The number of winners will depend on the number of entrants that voted for the winning President during the Contest Period. It is expected that the winning President will be declared on or about November 10, 2012 and winners contacted within 72 hours thereafter.
- Prizes and odds of winning: Each winning entrant will receive a one-month free membership to the Dollar Shave Club. The winner will be asked to choose one of three types of monthly memberships ($1, $6 or $9 membership) and will receive a credit equal to one month of the base monthly fee for the membership plan that is selected. For exact membership pricing, please visit www.dollarshaveclub.com as some memberships may incur additional shipping fees and the prize may not cover such shipping fees.
NOTE ON PRIZE ADMINISTRATION: To receive the free month prize, you must be either an existing member of Dollar Shave Club or if not an existing member, you must register to become a member. New members will receive their first month free of charge. Existing members of Dollar Shave Club will receive an immediate credit to their account in the amount of one month of their current monthly membership fee. The approximate retail value of each prize will depend on the actual membership chosen; the total retail value of all prizes to be awarded will depend on number of entrants that voted for the winning President, but will in no event exceed five thousand dollars ($5000). If the total number of entrants that voted for the winning President would result in the total value of prizes exceeding $5000, then Sponsor will conduct a random drawing among those entrants to determine which of them are to receive a prize such that the total value does not exceed $5000. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries/votes entered for each particular President listed on the Contest Websites. Submitting an entry does not mean you have won. Only one prize per person. No substitution of prizes, including cash substitutions, will be permitted, except that Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of greater or equal value if the stated prize is not available. Prizes are not transferable.
- Notification of winner: Each provisional winner will be notified by email. If a provisional winner does not respond within 14 days of the date appearing on the prize notification, or fails to comply with the instructions contained in the prize notification within that time period, that winner will have forfeited the prize. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Each provisional winner may be required to provide evidence of identity in connection with claiming the prize. The award of all prizes is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Only when the provisional winner meets all the requirements of these Official Rules will that person be declared the winner.
- Taxes: Income and other taxes, if any, on the value of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Permission: By accepting the prize, each winner agrees that Sponsor may use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, including without limitation, posting on Sponsor's website, without further compensation, review or approval, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, to the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to release Sponsor Entities, their affiliates, and any of their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of his/her participation in this Contest with respect to the awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, or participation in any prize-related travel or other activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. EACH WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE PRIZE AND THAT SPONSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE.
- Disqualification/Cancellation: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest or who violates these Official Rules. Caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification of such entrant. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney's fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if, at its sole discretion, it determines that (a) for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, (b) there has been improper voting or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or (c) if any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Contest. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to declare one of the Presidents the winning President based on a random drawing and issue prizes to those entrants who voted for that President as of the date of termination of the Contest in accordance with Section 5 above.
- Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution: This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant(s) or the Sponsor Entities shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrants agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of California, and entrants hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect.
- Limitation of Liability: Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- Winner's List: For a winner's list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after November 15th, 2012 to Dollar Shave Club Inc., P.O. Box 5481, Santa Monica, CA 90409. Residents of Vermont can omit return postage.
- Sponsor: Dollar Shave Club, P.O. Box 5481, Santa Monica, CA 90409.